Virtual Water International Conference Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- General Questions
- Preparing for the Conference
- At the Conference
- What are the dates of the conference?
Conference will be held on April 29-30, 2017. More information can be found at the page, here.
- I cannot sign up in the conference site, what should I do?
- How do I find my way to the Conference in Tehran?
Please refer to our Venue section for the conference.
- My question is not listed here. Whom do I contact?
-Do I have to pay the conference fee when registering or can I pay later?
You do not need to pay when submitting your online registering.
Please note that: you must pay by March 30th, 2017 as unpaid attendees will be removed from the program. This does not include International attendees as their payment will be accepted on the opening day of the conference in the conference hall.
-What is the cancellation policy for the conference?
we refund 70% of your payment if your cancellation is received before March 1, 2017
Before April 10th, 2017
70% of registration fee
Before April 15th, 2017
50% of registration fee
From April 15th to April 30th, 2017
0% of registration fee
All cancellations must be sent in writing via e-mail or fax to the conference registrar. VWIC is not responsible for problems beyond our control such as weather conditions, campus conditions, travel difficulties, health issues, etc. No refunds will be given in these situations if occurring after January 31, 2017
- How can I modify or cancel my registration?
- I need an invitation to the conference, how do I get one?
Invitation letters are only for overseas participants who require an invitation to assist with their travel visa application.
- I am an overseas participant and need a letter of invitation before I can receive my visa. What is the procedure?
Please note that WVIC does not give any further support to the visa application process. Obtaining a visa remains the sole responsibility of the participant. Regular cancellation deadlines apply, regardless of whether your visa was granted or not.
- Will I get a certificate of attendance at conference?
Yes, a Digital Certificate will be sent to all submitted email of participants.
- I need an invoice before I can pay, what should I do?
- Can I get a discount for registering early?
Absolutely, VWIC offers an "early-bird" discount at all registration levels to those who register for the conference before March 31th, 2017.
- What does my registration fee include?
Registration fees for the VWIC include admittance to all 2 days of the conference, including lunches, refreshments, complete set of documentation and entry to the Exhibition. The Conference Registration fee, however, does not include travel, accommodation and workshop costs.
- How much does it cost for registration?
There are a number of different registration packages available. For details about these packages, please visit the here.
- I think I’ve paid twice, what should I do?
- How do I register a group?
- I will not be presenting any work at the Conference. May I attend the event without registering?
We welcome participants who are not presenting work, but registration is required. You can register on-site, or you can register in advance at the early bird registration rate.
- May I register for a single day at a reduced rate?
No, unfortunately single-day registration is not permitted for the VWIC. To encourage sufficient audience attendance for all presentations and foster a genuine interdisciplinary intellectual community, VWIC insists that all attendees register for the entire conference.
- Is there funding available to help with travel/registration costs?
VWIC is unable to assist with travel or registration costs.
- How do I add a workshop to my registration? Are workshops included in conference registration?
You can register for workshops through workshop submission under the program main menu bar. Workshops are not included in conference registration and incur an additional fee.
- Where can I find a copy of the author guidelines?
A copy of the author guidelines can be found at Instruction for Authors.
- How exactly do I submit a paper?
You may submit extended abstract and full paper online via the Conference Submission Portal until February 20th, 2017.
- What do I need to submit a paper for the conference?
First of all you will need an extended abstract you can find the extended abstract structure, here and author personal information, including name, title, institutional affiliation, and e-mail address; for all corresponsive and non-corresponsive authors.
- How do I add multiple authors to my paper?
While there can be only one corresponsive author, you may add up to 10 authors to any given paper.
-Where can I stay?
We will secure a limited number of reduced rate event block rooms at the hotel. Please refer to our Accommodation section for more information.
- How can I reserve a hotel room, and what are the rates?
Please click here for information.
- I must prepare a Power Point during my verbal presentation. What should I do?
You may certainly prepare a Power Point file for your verbal presentation. There will be a PC computer and projector at the presentation room, but please be aware that internet access is not guaranteed. Thus, it is of vital importance that you bring your PowerPoint presentation on a jump drive or USB stick. No other computers can be attached to the projector, so having an external storage source is imperative.
Should you require any other software for your presentation, please get in touch with the conference Secretariat from here, to make sure it is possible.
- I am no longer able to attend the conference. What should I do?
- Is the conference schedule available?
Details will be posted on our website as they are confirmed. A full conference schedule, including conference sessions, will be available on our website in program
- How can I receive a list of participants or attendees?
A full participant list will be available at the VW Conference.
- What services are available for special needs and requests?
- I am a graduate student interested in the Conference. Are there volunteer opportunities available?
- I'm a presenter - is there a PowerPoint template I should be using?
All presenters should have received a link to a page with information for session presenters, which includes a link to the PowerPoint template. Click here for the template, as well as other key logistical information for the conference.